Wow – what an amazing couple of weeks. I somehow managed to get nominated for the The Versatile Blogger Award by Perse at the very interesting & well-written Far Beyond the Stars – still not letting it go to my head, though. I’m not sure that I’m all that versatile lately – but I do try to be. Thank you, Perse, for the nomination – I shall strive to live up to it!
Post-draft addendum: a few days ago I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award by A Momma’s View. It might start going to my head. I’ll accept that award in my next post.
- Show the award on your blog. DONE
- Thank the person who nominated you. DONE
- Share seven facts about yourself. DONE
- Nominate 15 blogs. DONE
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know. In Progress/Possibly Done
7 facts about myself:
Okay – this is difficult because I don’t want to repeat myself, so here goes (& apologies for any repetition or apparent contradictions) – if you want additional info, it’s buried in my other posts.
- 30 years ago my now-husband & I quit our jobs, sold our belongings and spent a year traveling – with most of the time spent in India, Nepal, and Greece. 7 years later we went back to Nepal for our honeymoon.
- I’ve never been a huge poetry fan – it was probably all that memorization that we had to do in school – along with demands that we compose our own in assorted forms.
- I love photographing nature, but have very few pictures of my family, and even fewer of me.
- It has dawned on my over the last couple of years that I am a nerd – oh, well…
- I think that everyone that loves to have fun with words, and has a basic understanding of the plots to most of the literary classics, should read Jasper Fforde’s Thursday Next series.
- I do not watch any reality TV shows – never even tried Survivor or American Idol. That doesn’t mean I don’t watch any crap – just none of the ‘reality’ crap.
- The short novel that I’m currently writing is a dystopian satire, unlike any of my other stories/unfinished novels, which have all been either thrillers or mysteries. I’ve decided that like writing satire.
As always, I know that some of you have been nominated for multiple awards recently, and I know that a few of you don’t accept awards, so you are under no obligation to accept or acknowledge this nomination. And some of you will get additional nominations from me for subsequent awards because my ‘following’ list is still relatively short. My hope is that sharing these awards will help new readers find you.