I was very pleasantly surprised the other day to have been nominated for my second Liebster Award by 4 year old adult. I try not to let award nominations go to my head – but it is always nice to know that someone, outside of my family, actually reads this stuff. So – thank you very much for the nomination & the opportunity to share a bit more about myself.
My previous experience with the Liebster Award involved the additional step of listing random things about yourself, but I can be very uncreative, and since that does not seem to be a requirement this time around, I’ll just refer you to my previous award posts for anything else you might want to know about me. And, happily, this version also has only 8 questions!
The answers to the question that I was given are:
1. What is the most disgusting thing you have ever done?
Possibly eating the worm at the bottom of a bottle of mescal, but I’m a parent – many, many disgusting things have passed my way over the years.
2. What is the most wild fantasy you have ever had?
Possibly no one else’s cup of tea, but I would really love the opportunity to drive an F1 car, on the Monaco circuit, at speed.
3. Have you ever hit upon someone online?
No – my days of hitting on guys preceded the internet by a long, long time.
4. Which is your favorite movie genre and why?
Impossible question – in a theatre, I prefer action films because it makes full use of the screen and the sound system, but at home I’m really a mystery & suspense type of person.
5. Do you believe in God?
No, but I also think that what comes after this life is irrelevant. We all have a responsibility to do the best that we can, and to make our own piece of the universe a better place while we’re here. We should do that because it is the right thing to do – regardless of whether we believe in a higher being, or in any sort of afterlife.
6. Which punishment would you choose for hypocrites: shoot point blank or life imprisonment?
Well, I’m opposed to the death penalty (though it is tempting with some people…), so it would have to be life in prison with no possibility of parole. And an equally offensive cellmate.
7. Name one singer whose lips must be stitched for ever?
There are several who leave me wondering how they got recording contracts, but I just don’t listen to the ones I truly dislike.
8. Who is your favorite sport-person?
Assuming drivers count, Fernando Alonso. Failing that, I’m clueless.
Many of the bloggers that I read do not accept awards, but I rudely disregard that when I nominate. However, I do appreciate that decision, so, as always, I have no expectation that you accept, or acknowledge, the award, but hopefully the nomination will bring you some new readers. And my nominees are:
My questions for any of my nominees that choose to participate:
- If you could go back to any single point in history, when would you choose and why?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Why did you start blogging?
- How do you define happiness?
- If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose, and why?
- What is the number one thing that you would like to see/do before you die?
- What was the last movie that you saw in a theater?
- What was the most unusual, or amazing, thing that you’ve ever seen?