I was fortunate enough earlier this week to have been nominated for both the Real Neat Blog and the Premio Dardos awards by one of my favorite fellow bloggers and aspiring novelists a momma’s view. I was far from alone since she nominated everyone that had ever made her ‘Picks of the Week’ list (which was itself a great honor, and one that helped me find new readers to share with). So special, yes, but no worries about it going to my head. Thank you very much for including me in your Weekly Picks, and for choosing to pass along your well-earned rewards. And for sharing your own story.
This is my Real Neat Blog Award post.
Real Neat Blog Award Rules:
1. Put the Award Logo in your post (done)
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you (see below)
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs (done)
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs (see below)
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.) (in progress – possibly already done)
My 7 questions:
1) How would you best describe yourself?
Very hard question. Like most of us, I am many things, frequently at the same time. Generally content with my life. Very pragmatic. I’m verbal, not visual (so I write), and I’m analytic, and logic-oriented. I’m a mother, and a wife, very independent, somewhat past middle-aged, highly introverted.
2) Do you feel sometimes pressure to get more views or visitors on you blog?
Pressure? Not really, but every once in a while I do think that it would be nice to be able to find more people that I can engage with. And it is a bit disappointing to have a day with very few views (those stats are just too tempting to check)
3) How do you come up with your posts?
News, quotes that I’ve read, whatever is on my mind when I sit down to write since I do very little planning.
4) If you would have the power to change something in this world, what would it be?
Like beauty pageant contestants everywhere, I would love world peace. But I would settle for being able to address the world’s food issues. All of them – from drought & famine to sustainability.
5) Who would be your absolute dream guest blogger?
Thomas Jefferson. Seriously. But Lao Tzu would be pretty good, too.
6) If you would be a child, what would you do right now?
Probably begging my mother to take me to the ‘Y’ to swim (too cold here now). But since it is cold, I might be putting together a puzzle instead.
7) What is your favorite public holiday?
I’m torn on this one – I like most of them for different reasons. Thanksgiving is probably my favorite because I appreciate the idea of pausing to be thankful for what I have. But I also like the 4th of July since it happens in the summer & the fireworks from the Walkway Over the Hudson are a spectacular sight.
7 questions for the nominees to answer:
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- If you could travel through time (forward or back), when/where would you like to arrive?
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- Who/what were the biggest influences on your life choices?
- If you could change something in your own past, would you?
- What is your favorite season, and why?
- If you could have one superhuman/superhero ability, what would you choose?
I’ve kept my list of nominees fairly short, since I also had to nominate for Premio Dardos, but these are all very enjoyable, with very relatable authors. As always, and particularly since many of my nominees may have been nominated along with me, or do not accept awards, you are under no pressure to accept this nomination. And please don’t feel slighted if I left anyone off of the list this time around – I was overwhelmed with choices.